Subject: Re: Off topic -- good slide projection screen, loupe
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 21:03:20 -0700

- ----------
> From: Charles E. Dunlap <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
> 2) My bias on a good loupe is a Schneider 4x or their new 6x Aspheric.
Any
> experiences/other advice (don't tell me--there's a great old Leica loupe,
> the "LOOPY", discontinued in 1963, that I might still find used at a
camera
> show and you've never seen anything as good so I should go hunt one
down)?

At Viscomm in 'frisc... er, San Francisco a year ago, I found a loupe that
was in the $60 range and has served very well. It is labeled "Horizon 4x by
KMZ"  and was offered by a distributor called Aragraph (Hayward, CA
510/293-0575). It is square w/ switchable black and clear skirts for slides
or contact sheets. The sharpness is very good, especially for the money.