Subject: Re: 35mm Summilux Aspheric lens
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 10:45:23 -0400

Richard Clompus wrote:

> Dear fellow LUGnuts,
>
> Snip
>
> Does anyone know how much I could expect to get for a mint condition
> 35mm
> Summicron lens with hood?  I was hoping to get about $700.  Is this
> reasonable?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

Richard,

I bought my current version 35mm Summicron used from Tamarkin in March
1996 for $995 including the cheap plastic lenshade. I think the shade
went for $45 so you can calculate accordingly.

Selling it for $700 to someone who will give it a good home would be
nice. My guess is you could get a little more for it but who knows. I
love the lens even though it is now considered a "dog" ;)  compared to
the 35 Summi aspherical. Oh well. You'd think they'd leave well enough
alone.

Carl