Subject: Re: M3 Question
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 13:22:28 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 08.07.97  00:36:57, schreiben Sie:

<< It  seems logical that this feature could be toggled on or off,
 but I can't see how.  >>

When I got my M3 some ten years ago I was annoyed by this feature too. It
seems to have the purpose to make lens change easier and faster, as you can
turn the lens barrel better, if it is blocked.

Bad news are that you cannot toggle it, you would have to remove the lock by
unscrewing some parts or removing some metal (not good for collector's value)

Good news are that you get used to it if you use your camera for a longer
period of time.

Frank