Subject: Re: Buying used M lenses advises
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 22:18:53 -0400

Ferdinand U. LuDo wrote:

> Hello Luggers,
>
> As you know I'm very new to the Leica M system. I haven't bought one yet
> due to financial considerations. Many helpful luggers have advised me to
> buy used "M" lenses. Looking @ the latest Keh Camera Brokers brochure, here
> are a list of M lenses for sale. I got some questions I'd like to address,
> perhaps, you guys can give me some advise, suggestions and comments. If you
> guys were in my shoes which used
> lenses would u pick from the 3 focal lengths ? is there also anything to
> watch out for like serial #, etc. I'll be ordering these lenses from mail
> order and cannot personally see them.
> Is this store reputable and can u recommend other stores (snip)
> Ferdinand
I have no personal experience with KEH, but if I were you I would
choose to work with a dealer who specializes in fine cameras as they
tend to have the better quality stock and have a reputation to uphold.
Two that I can recommend are: Don Chatterton,
http://www.donchatterton.com  phone (206)525-1100, fax (206)525-1110
in Seattle, Washington.  Also, Jim Kuehl & Co., Des Moines, Iowa
phone (515) 225-0110, fax  (515)226-0295.  Both are honest, helpful
people.  I have bought most all of my Leica gear from Jim Kuehl.
I'm sure others will have their favorites also.
Good luck
Mike Gardner