Subject: Re: Leica 50/2.0 Summicron-m
From: Shyan <shyan@post1.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:43:16 +0800

>The question I have is that on the focusing ring
>there is written "Leica 1913-1983". Can anybody give me any information on
>this lens, and what the writing means?

It simply mean that the lens was made in 1913 and will cease to function by
1983 !

No, no. Seriously, the lens is actually made to commemorate Leica's 70 years
anniversary. It is meant to go with Chrome M4-P bearing the same inscription.
Their collectable value is slightly higher than the normal ones and no more.

But for $200 in mint- condition, guessed you've got yourself a bargain, huh ?
(read: ENVY)

Happy snapping,
Shyan