Subject: Re: Lack of Demand for R8!
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 19:17:29 +0200

At 09:11 -0600 12-07-1997, C.M. Fortunko wrote:
>LUGs,
>
>A couple of days ago, I wanted to see the new 35-75mm R lens. I found that
>neither Leica dealer in Boulder carries the R8. Apparently, there is no
>demand.
>
>Would someone care to comment on this?
>
>I am told that Leica sells more R cameras worldwide than Ms. It seems that
>just the opposite may be the case in the US. Are there any R8 users out there?
>
>Best of Light,
>
>Chris

The opposite seems to be true in Belgium. Here, dealers have to wait months
before they get their hands on an R8 which they can sell. I know some of
these people, one of them had only just received his first R8 for sale (he
had ordered it at Photokina last year and only got it in the beginning of
May). There were several interested persons, but, lucky for me, I was the
first to be able to buy it. It only stayed in his shop for a day ! And
since then, he had already got several new orders (but no deliveries yet
...).
There was also a Leica roadshow  in different towns in Belgium where all
equipment could be seen and tested. I have heard that this has caused a
serious boom in Leica sales in Belgium!

Pascal
Belgium

This message was created and sent on a Macintosh PowerBook