Subject: Re: Incident Meters and such
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 23:02:52 +0100 (BST)

At 15:01 12/07/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>I have to say, you calling your slides "bad boys" gives me a whole new >>slant
>>on photography. I shall in future have that phrase in mind as I press the
>>button!
>>Joe Berenbaum
>>
>Joe "Bad Boy" Berenbaum, you have to be careful to use the correct accent
>when repeating the words. If you can muster a Brooklyn, NY affect it will
>work. If you sound like you came out of Eton, you might want to practice a
>few times in private.
>,/8^)

I find that the Eton accent is far easier for my permanently-curled upper
lip. I did see a black American comedian once do a spiel about "hanging"
with his "home boys" etc, all in an upper-crust English accent. It was most
amusing. That is how I shall be pronouncing "bad boys" when the need to do
so arises. I shall use it as an incantation with an unapologetically plummy
English accent, as I walk the streets of London and pause among the urban
strife and decay to set the controls of my gazelle-hide upholstered Lord
Snowdon edition M6....

Joe Berenbaum