Subject: Re: Incident Meters and such
From: doctorc8@stout.entertain.com (Henry Chu)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:05:22 -0600

>Has anyone tried out the new Sekonic L-408 MultiMaster. It=B4s a combinatio=
>Spot/Incident, Ambient/Flash meter. I read about it on Sekonics home-page
>httl://www.sekonic.com
>
>How large and heavy is the Gossen F2 with a 5 degree spot meter attachment.
>
>Any suggestions on a small spot/incident meter is welcome.
>
>Claes Bjerner

Claes,

I have a Sekonic L-408 Multimaster meter.  Although I use it mostly as an
incident meter, I have used the spot meter on ocassions.  I have never used
it as a flash meter (I bought the meter as part of a package deal.)  It is
the size of a pack of 100 mm cigarettes and easily pocketable.  It is
intuitive to use.  The spot has an angle of 5 degrees.  The optics are nice
and bright.

It uses a single AA battery (which is very nice compared to the Luna Pro
that I had used the previous 25 yrs).  My only minor complaint is the
retractable dome which has to be recessed before storing it in its case.

Henry