Subject: Nice Kodak Publication
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 18:32:12 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I just received the 1996 (with 1997 revision) Kodak Professional
Photographic Catalogue from Kodak.  It must have been sent to me in
repsonse to a business reply card.  It lists all of the current Kodak films
with filter factors and reciprocity data, paper information and chemicals.
It is very helpful and should compliment any library books that you have on
these items.

I have found Kodak to be much more responsive to information requests
lately.  Possibly its becasue I'm using lots of their film or maybe its
just my imagination.

Due to posts I've read on this list,  I have ordered Kodachrome 25 film
again due to its fine grain and reistance to fading.  I'll just have to use
the Kodak mailers for processing with their cardboard mounts.  Used long
term, the cardboard mounts warp and get stuck in projectors - even the wide
slots of the 80 capacity Carosel trays.  I use Kodak's Ektachrome 100 SW
for my lectures since I can get it processed same day and it resists
fading.  I take new slides all the time - as my field changes constantly
with new technology.  Evenutally I'll break down and get a Digital camera
and just use my IBM Thinkpad to make presentations with Powerpoint.  At
this stage, trying to lecture to 500 docs with a 30 watt video projector
just doesn't cut it.  Xenon powered projectors are the way to go for large
audiences.  Unfortunately, the bulbs put off lots of heat.   Last month I
lectured in Tulsa at a conference and the plastic mounts warped in one
projector due to the heat.  I now use Wess plastic mounts exclusively.
They seem bulletproof.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA