Subject: Re: Concave Lens Elements and Zeiss Digressions
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 07:02:32 -0700

"When Dr Ludwig Bertele, arguably the finest optical designer of this
century, calculated the original Sonnar, the 2/50 Contax lens, the
mathematical scribblings totted up to a total of more than 3 feet in depth.
 A picture of this stack was much a feature of early Zeiss Ikon advertising
for the Contax I."

Marc, I want to thank you for this absolutely wonderful piece of trivia.  I
had always wondered what that pile of paper had to do with the then new
Contax camera.  Where do you get these stories?   After collecting Zeiss
Contax  for 30 odd years, I never heard such detail.

Thank You
Frank Filippone
red735i@worldnet.att.net