Subject: Re: first Slides from 35mm Asph Summilux
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 20:59:49 +0100 (BST)

At 09:47 16/07/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Joe Bernbaum wrote:
>
><<<I'm going to be experimenting with weak blue filters soon and see if I
>can>get something more like what I want. Er, with my M6, of course.>>>
>
>Hi Joe,
>I think it's possible I'm missing something here.
>May I ask a question?
>Why wouldn't you just use a 64T or 160T or 320T film? Then you don't have
>to>fiddle with a piece of "blue glass" in front of your very expensive
L>eica lens.
>:)
>ted

Ah yes, I didn't explain that part. I have used those films in the past but
now for some crazy reason I want my slides to be printable in 50 years time,
wherever possible. So does my daughter, who will be in a position to do this
even if I do not live to be 97! With some things you just don't have any
choice at all, for example with Infrared Ektachrome which is one of my
favourite films; you either use it or you don't, there is no other way of
geting the same picture (although I do now have an Illumitran and am going
to experiment with copying Ifrared Ektachrome originals onto Kodachrome 25).
But with night photography in city centres etc I do have a choice and so I
want to use Kodachrome. So I'd rather put some moderately expensive blue
glass in front of my very expensive Leica lens and have slides that are as
near permanent as I can have, rather than have a bunch of slides that may be
only a relatively transient record of what I wanted to portray.

Joe Berenbaum