Subject: Message for Bill Grimwood. Apologies to the LUG.
From: jsanz@lamar.colostate.edu (Dr. Juan F. Sanz Cervera)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 08:27:02 -0700

Dear Lug fellows,

Thsi is a message for Bill Grimwood. I tried to e-mail him directly, but my
messages keep bouncing. Sorry for posting to the group, but this seems the
only way to contact him right now.

Bill,

Thanks for your interest. The lens is still for sale. It is the latest
model, made in Solms, Germany. It has a built-in lens hood, which makes it
much more convenient in use than the older style clip-on hoods. This lens
is almost like new; it has been used very little. Its serial number is
3610596. I am offering a no-questions-asked 10-day MBG (minus shipping).

According to Leica's literature, it has 27=B0 angle of view, it is built wit=
4 elements in 4 groups, focuses from 1m to infinity, and weighs 410 grams.
It has a dual focus scale in both meters and feet.

It is a great lens, but I am more of a normal-wide angle photographer, so
it has been sitting unused a shelf for some time. The lens I use most often
in my M6 and M3 cameras is my 50mm Summicron, followed by the 35mm
Summicron. For that reason, now that I am getting more involved in
large-format photography, I could use the money to buy a Linhof
Technikardan 4x5 camera.

My phone numbers here are (970) 491 88 97 (home) and (970) 491 66 68 (work,
ask for Juan).

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Regards,

   - Juan

    Dr. Juan F. Sanz Cervera
    Visiting Professor of Chemistry at Colorado State University
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
    jsanz@lamar.colostate.edu        jsanz@uv.es
    http://www.uv.es/~jsanz/photo1.htm   (on-line B&W photo gallerie)