Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:10:10 -0400

David Freedman wrote:

>Is anyone else bothered by the seemingly irrational, off-center
>placement of the tripod mount? Leica chose to implement a DIN standard
that
>seems to conform to no known mounting system. The spot that should hold
the
>1/4" threaded socket is occupied instead by an unthreaded hole that is
>supposed to mate with something to prevent rotation of the camera body. =

>Attempting to use the camera on my focusing rail was awkward. Using
>my macro flash bracket was impossible. I installed a Kirk Enterprises
>Arca-style plate to recenter the tripod thread.

I don't understand as well.

It is impossible to make consistent panoramic photography with the R8.

I hope that it will be solved by the winder and the motor.
By the way I also hope that the delay for obtaining the winder
means that whe will have a second shutter release on it !!

Solms, are you listening ??

Lucien
BELGIUM