Subject: Re: comments on the last 2 days(Meters/bags)
From: jay coleman <jcoleman@interport.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:16:15 -0400

Frederic:

>>Question for the group.. .that is if you are still reading! I want to get
into Tungsten lighting & don't know much about the systems out there
apart
from their names:Arri, Lowel. I like to get the equivalent system of 2
strobe
monolights ?  Is that possible without having 10 lights? Can any one
inform
me on how much wattage I can plug into regular household current. Any
thoughts would be appreciated. <<

I have a Lowell Omni light and a Lowell Tota light.  I like them.  They
use 500w bulbs.  I do not know what household current will handle but I
have plugged them both in and not fried anything.  Lowell is relatively
inexpensive and well designed, has a large varitey of accessories, and a
wide range of lights (including hot soft boxes and a fresnel).  I do not
know Arri.  I would go to your local dealer and look.

Hope this helps.

Jay Coleman