Subject: amazing Leitz print washer
From: use_reply-to@address.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 08:38:10 GMT

I mostly do 9.5x12 (24x30.5cm) prints. Washing those prints well is
quite difficult and time consuming. Commercially available, vertical
print washers are quite expensive. Read about a cascade washer some
time ago and decided to make one. This is what I did.

Bought a LEITZ "Form Set" (Juego de Formulares, Formular Set 5281), a
11.5x11.5x14 plastic cabinet with 10 low trays intended to hold forms.
I removed the back - from the inside; it is glued together in 8 places
- - and slid in the trays alternately from the front and back. As each
tray bottom has a round hole: hey presto! A cascade print washer!

Works like a charm, provided it is standing level. The prints cover
half of the hole. The Leitz form set set me back $70. Probably the
most cost efficient Leitz photo finishing hardware ever. Enjoy!

Leo Verwoerd