Subject: Re: M3 sold on ebay
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 09:24:08 -0600 (MDT)

>Dear Leica Users,
>I hope you will bear with me for a moment, this is not about using
>Leicas.

Yes, Bruce, and if you would take the time to read the LUG archives rather
than acting on heresay, you would find that I did not say ONE disparaging
thing about you. I accurately described your camera, and suggested that
anyone who was offered the item should consider the condition before buying.
I defy anyone to find error in my description of the camera. You were not
blasted. In fact, when several folks here wished me luck in getting a
refund, I responded that you had already agreed to do so. I guess that makes
me a back-stabbing bastard. BTW, it would have been nice had you contacted
ME with this as you claim to have done, rather than dragging it to an open
forum.

As for the return of your camera, the morning I received my check in the
mail it went out by USPS, return receipt. Sorry for my reluctance to accept
any more risk in the transaction than I had already. Anything else? If not,
I offer my apology to the users here for having to be exposed to the fallout
of this private transaction.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Boulder, CO

visit my web site at http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/
Leica serial numbers and Leica classifieds at
http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/photodat.htm