Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 17:22:32 CDT

>and an integrated motor drive. Why not compare it with the (older)
>Contax RTS
>III. German magazine FotoMagazin has done so: The Contax won...

What do  you mean "won." No camera can "win."  Perhaps in the amount of
sales it brings in - in which case it would have to be some of lower
priced P&S.

A camera doesn't "win."  If you like the Contax - it "wins" for you, and
perhaps the "R6.2"  or maybe the Nikon N90s "wins" for me. In the end it
is a one on one situation, person v. camera, which is the only thing that
counts.  The only thing the magazine or another person's comments can do
interest one in looking at it.  Then you find out what wins.

Sorry, this "who wins" statement does exactly zero for me.

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK