Subject: Re: Broke Down & Bought a Leicaflex SL
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 09:57:23 -0600

In my opinion, Richard should have explained to his wife that the SL is a
real classic that will probably never wear out. Besides it is a good
investment. Today's electronic cameras may not have spares available in just
a few years. Did we not hear some complaints about the Minolta CLE?

IMHO, the SL is a great deal. The SL2 is better, but you have to look harder
to find one and pay much more money. On the other hand, the SL2 is a little
more compatible with the later R cameras. In terms of viewfinder performance
and light-meter sensitivity, the SL2 compares very well with the new R8.

BTW, is your SL chrome or black?

Best of Light,

Chris