Subject: Re: Elmarit or Summicron 90mm
From: Francois Jouve <Francois.Jouve@polytechnique.fr>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:13:49 +0200 (METDST)

I have been using the Summicron 2/90 for few years. I am perfectly
satisfied with it regarding all its optical and mechanical qualities.
But, looking back to these years of shooting, I realized that I very
seldom used it at f2 (focusing the 90 in very low light is not so easy
through the M6 finder): a few wedding close-ups (but almost all my
"weddingable" friends have done it now, I am waiting for divorces...), and
some theatre shots.

I find now that the main drawbacks of this lens are its weight an length,
not fitted imho with the usual weigth and size of M systems, nor with my
weak shoulders (I love to travel light, m6+2/35+90+Metz+few films).

My question is, in addition to the original post:
How do the optical qualities of the Elmarit compare to the Summicron,
especialy at F2.8 and F5.6/8 ?

Thanks for your advices,

- ----
Francois Jouve (Francois.Jouve@polytechnique.fr)
Centre de Math. Appliquees, Ecole Polytechnique, 91128 Palaiseau (France)