Subject: MMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRR
From: NickDaisly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 17:58:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hello world -

Now, I have only been a member of the forum for a week, so it may be that I
am getting a completely unrepresentative view of things.

I have been hearing a great deal about the M-series and R-series in the very
interesting correspondence over the week.  But I have heard nothing so far
from anyone who admits to having a type III or similar.  Is there no-one else
out there who does serious photography with a pre-war Leica?  I have a
battered but dependable IIIc, and while I can recognise its limitations, it
is pretty impressive for a camera built in 1935.  Am saving up for a 90mm
lens for it.

Nick Daisley
Oxford, UK