Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 21 Jul 97 19:10:04 EDT

Roger wrote:

<<<My M6 and R6.2 are prized possessions, but you must give credit where
credit is due. The pros do!>>>>>>

Hi Roger,

You're right! as much as I'm a champion of everything Leica, well almost:)  So
often guys loose sight of just how good the other manufactures gear is, when in
fact if I were not so into Leica gear I'd sure be wound into Canon big time.

Having used EOS1 for shooting the Olympics I'm aware of how well the autofocus
works in fast moving sports. No matter how fast I can or could manual focus that
split second of Auto-focus I'm sure is beyound human re-action.

And I understand the EOS1n is even faster?

It is all well and good to be blinded by what we have in our hands, but to-day
in the realities of the printed page there is hardly any bad glass or gear out
there.

And a noticiable change in the sports arenas of the world are the "white Canon
autofocus Lenses". :)

ted