Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #555
From: Jim Zietz <jzietz@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:11:16 -0500

>From: MS <mshearer@mail.yk.rim.or.jp>
>Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:23:40 +0900
>Subject: Elmarit or Summicron 90mm
>
>Trying to decide between an Elmarit 90/2.8 and a Summicron 90/2.0.
>Hoping someone can help with info on the following criteria,
>
>- -handling
>- -apparent sharpness
>- -flare
>- -price
>- -and any other characteristics useful when comparing lenses
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Rgds
>MS

I have used the new version of the 90 Summicron for about ten years now and
I must say that I don't really have anything good to say about it. Mine is
just not that sharp. I would go with the 90/2.8, and I plan to eventually
replace my lens with one based on all of the glowing comments I hear about
it on this list.

I use to have the 70's version of the 90 Summicron and I found it to be an
outstanding lens. It was up to the quality level of my 35 and 50 Summilux
lenses and much more worthy of the Leica name.