Subject: Re: Leica III
From: tmwyse@centuryinter.net
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 97 15:26:07 GMT

> > Nick:
> > I am with you.  I use an old III with synch added mostly because of its
> > small size.  Love it - just obtained another in better condition.
> > Randolph Carlisle
>
> I have a III (aka Model F), too, and am impressed with its smaller size
> that fits the palm perfectly. Mine is a black model, but has a mismatched
> chrome baseplate. Does anyone have a black baseplate to sell or trade for
> my chrome one?
>
> As another option, has anyone ever touched up Leica black enamel with their
> own paint? I would like to touch up small brass screws on older M bodies.
>
> Gary Todoroff

Gary,
    I don't know about black paint, but there is a product "Brass Black" sold
by some camerea suppliers and better gun shops, that does a great job of
blackening some brass products.  It doesn't work on all, so I assume the alloy
may have something to do with it, but when it does work it works very well.

Tom