Subject: Re: Dealer Recommendations
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 97 08:22:18 PST

     Hi,

      I did have an unpleasant memory with Le Camera.  I had heard that Le
     Camera had been pretty dependable and ordered a Contarex and a lens.
     They held them up for about two weeks.  When I called to check why
     they did not send them yet, they said they wanted to check the body if
     it is working perfectly.  According to them it took them about one
     week to check it out.  Finally they arrived.  The body had several
     functional problem.  The slow shutter stuck occasionally with body and
     lens indexing problem.  I called and sent it for repair.  It took
     about a month for me to get it back with nothing done.  It came back
     with the same old problems unfixed as it went out.  I called them
     again and sent both the body and the lens this time for repair.  I had
     to call almost everyday to remind them of me waiting for my body and
     lens.  Finally I got them back last week.  I could not believe that
     the body still had the slow-shutter-stuck problem.  This time they
     fixed the indexing problem.  The owner offered to give me $100 for all
     the troubles I had gone through.  As of yesterday, July 23, the credit
     was not made.  It has been extremely hard to get hold of the owner.
     The owner had never returned my call.  That's why I had to call almost
     everyday.  He has been ignoring me for some reason.  I don't know if
     he has been too busy to give me a call.  So it is still in my
     possession with the mirror stuck up and the shutter stuck open.  I am
     afraid that they might not give me the credit if I send them back.
      This story got a little lenthy but tells the story I have had.

     Regards,
     David