Subject: Re: Salgado in Sydney
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:31:04 -0700

On 24 Jul 97,  Garbutt, Robert wrote:

<snip>

> I just want to do that and I want to do it now (visualise toddler
> throwing a tantrum).  Oh well, back to the darkroom and let there be
> light.

Make no mistake, Rob. The darkroom is at least half the photograph.
Ideally, the photographer should be the darkroom worker also. While there
are cases of darkroom workers who are in lockstep with the eye of the
photographer, they are the exception. When I see what some lab types can
make of a negative that I would have discarded, it merely reinforces my
feelings of lack of creativity and amplifies my present course of imaging.
Literal imaging of less evolved species with my Leicas; that's my bag.
Plus, of course, the usual assortment of happy pics.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America