Subject: RE: M use
From: Tore Larsen <tore@cs.uit.no>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 19:53:23 +0200

Hi,

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Oddmund Garvik [SMTP:garvik@groupenet.com]
Sent:	Friday, 25 July, 1997 14:22
To:	leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject:	Re: M use

<snip>

I am fond of high end point & shoot cameras, as you know. Leica introduced
a bastard of a Minilux some time ago. A good lens mounted on a bulky and
clumsy camera, with a useless viewfinder. A miserable product which has
<snip>

Oddmund

I bought my wife a Minilux a while ago. Thanks partly to the viewfinder she now
takes much better pictures than she did previously - included those taken with
my Contax point & shoot.

The "small image" viewfinder on the Minilux makes the framing of the picture
stand out so that the composition of the picture becomes obvious. With the
larger viewfinder image on the Contax she was more prone to focusing her sight
on the part of the image she was concerned about, forgetting about frames and
composition.

I prefer the slightly rounded shape of my Contax to the bulkier shape of her
Minilux. I think the Minilux gives better pictures though.

__
Tore