Subject: Ring flash
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 18:39:22 +1000

G'day Richard,

>Minolta made a special ring light with four small flash tubes that could be
used in any combination.  Has anyone used this contraption?

I have used the Minolta Ring flash on the X700 series of cameras. It TTL
flashes for the CLE as well. Sadly mine kicked the bucket a few months ago
and I've not revisited the repair persons. comments;
- -easy to use
- -too bright on standard TTL flash settings so cut down 1 or 2 stops
- -was reliable till a few months ago '-(
- -great for close up work with lichens where flat field lighting is good
- -great for coins stamps etc
- -great for dermatology
- -funny reflections in portraits ;-)

Alastair Firkin