Subject: Re: M3 D/S
From: "frantzd" <frantzd@sbt.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 08:52:50 -0500

I recently purchased an early version of this camera. It had some shutter
speed problems and needed a cla. I sent it in to Leica for an overhaul.
Sent the lens to Focal Point to have the front element recoated and now
have, IMO, a very fine user. I just returned from a vacation and shot 21
rolls and love the results. The old speeds are no problem at all. I use a
Sekonic incident meter and round off the speed settings. It the meter
indicates 125, I use the Leica 100 setting. All  current films have wide
latitudes that easily compensate for the difference.

At $350, even if it needs a cla + from Leica ($195 or so) you'll have a
nice unit that will last another 40+ years!

Frantz Dantzler
- ----------
> From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: M3 D/S
> Date: Saturday, July 26, 1997 5:29 AM
>
> Just like Dave, I am using this weekend to decide about an eventual
camera
> buy. I am thinking of a M3, that I can get for $350. I have checked the
> camera, and it is OK technically. The exterior is a "user".
> The thing that makes me hesitate, is that it is one of the last D/S
> variants, with the old shutter times.
> Are there any D/S users  here, who would like to comment how these old
M3:s