Subject: Re: Collapsible Summicron 50 (M3 D/S)
From: garvik@groupenet.com (Oddmund Garvik)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 23:28:12

At 21:29 26/07/1997 +0200, Hans wrote:
<snipped>
<<I have checked Lager, and he says that there might be differences between
the front lenses compared with the rigid Summicron. But he does not know
for sure, as Leica officially never said there was any differences.
But my question is simpler: Is there anyone on the LUG who have used this
lens, and is it as good as the rigid Summicron?>>

I once had a collapsible Summicron, and I liked it, so I never cared about
comparing it to the rigid Summicron. I just remember several repairmen
telling me that the front lens on the collapsible Summicron is "softer",
and that it is difficult to find a clean, unscratched specimen.

Anyway, you are right, the 50mm is a great focal length. It always was my
favourite.

Oddmund