Subject: Re: 35/1.4 ASPH vs. 35/2 ASPH
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 27 Jul 97 00:39:29 EDT

Dan Cardish,

         >>An interesting point surprises me is that the 35 f1.4 asph lens<<
        >>outperforms the newer lens in terms of contrast from f2 onwards<<

I was similarly surprised when I read Leica's product info on the 35 f2 ASPH &
it said; " At full aperture, the reproduction of contrasts is only slightly
lower than that achieved with the outstanding Summilux-M f1.4/35mm ASPH at an
aperture of f2".

I called my Leica rep & he informed me that the 35 f1.4 ASPH outperformed the
new
35 f2 ASPH at similar apertures. One might have thought that the new 35 f2 ASPH
"cron" would have done better.

Oh well, we'll have to wait for Erwin Put's test reports :~)!

Tom D.