Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 28 Jul 97 22:06:30 EDT

Frank Kemper wrote:

<<<You think that autofocus is not a significant feature for pros - I do not
agree on that. Is that a question important enough for one man to insult
another?>>>>>

Hi Frank,

I know quite a number of pros who live and die by using auto-focus and I
completely agree with you that it hardly is worthy of insulting comments.

There are some pros who couldn't hit a bull in the butt without autofocus and it
is a Godsend to others who are not too quick with their fingers at turning the
focus ring.

I've had the good fortune to use both Leica and Canon equipment. On some
assignments I've found autofocus a blessing as I don't think it is humanly
possible to re-act and focus a 300 or longer lens as quickly as the Canon
system.

I had always felt I could manually focus my 280 & 400 Leica R glass quickly
until I had the opportunity to use a Canon EOS 1 and felt I was sleep walking in
manual! :)

You are right, the topic is hardly worthy of insults!

ted