Subject: M-6 focusing precision/ my comparison/Leica fever
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:08:20 -0500

I finished making a stack of contacts today and thought I would print a
couple comparison BW negatives I shot with a F-1n and a 50 /1.4 (at
f/2) and the M-6 and 50 Summicron I just got.  I was a bit apprehensive
to do so because of all of those who say you can't really see a
difference.   I bought it for the finder I kept telling myself.

Well.......  I  can easily see a difference at the 11x 14 size.  I took
some photos of one of my daughter's dolls so I would have a non-moving
target.  I shot it in the same kind of available lighting that I do a
lot of my work.   I can clearly see more detail in the dolls dress and
in her hair.  Incidently, the focus of the M-6 and lens is right on.
What really surprises me is the difference between the two in the
out-of focus areas in terms of definition and contrast.   Now I'm
wondering what else can I sell to buy some more Leica lenses and a
couple more bodies?

Hey, is there a vaccine against Leica fever??????

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador

***** Message Was Scanned For Viruses *****