Subject: Re: Wetzlar/Solms Quality
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Jul 97 22:38:46 EDT

Marvin Moss wrote:

<<<<<< First of all, I dont consider any Leica not made by Leitz Wetzlar or
Midland -  to be really of Leitz Quality>>>>>

Marvin

I'd like to thankyou for an insightful post, as like myself I'm sure many in the
LUG will be quite surprised by your experience and comments.

It may well explain many of the glitches that have occured since the company was
bought out and taken over a few years ago. The unfortunate part maybe many of us
who are true and totally committed to Leica, may now develop a question mark
about what we purchase in the future. :(

It certainly will put me on guard any time I open one of the white Leica boxes
with some new piece in it.

Thanks again,

ted