Subject: Re: Wetzlar/Solms Quality
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:43:33 -0600 (MDT)

>Ben (and group),
>
>I'm told by VERY reliable sources that the new cameras are not built to the
>same level of specification or tolerances of the M2,3,4,5s of Wetzlar.
>That's not to say they aren't more feature laden, etc., but reliability,
>down the road is like to be less.

>Henry Curtis Miller, M.P.A.

Unless your sources have a special gift, they cannot know the future of
these cameras and how they will hold up to use. Is it not a common thing to
hear users say that their 3's, 4's, etc. were coming out of adjustment
frequently relative to the modern 6's? Also, the original post (Marvin's)
claimed that it was the Solms cameras v. the Wetzlar cameras that were
inferior - not the M6 v. the 2,3,4, etc.

I simply refuted this as unlikely. The Solms 6 is the same as the Wetzlar 6,
except of course the meter and the strap protectors.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Boulder, CO

visit my web site at http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/
Leica serial numbers and Leica classifieds are no longer available
http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/photodat.htm