Subject: Re: R8 Strap wear?
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:45:10 +0200

At 12:40 -0400 19-07-1997, ChipZHZ@aol.com wrote:
>Any R8's notice any wear developing from the black plastic cover on the side
>of the body near the "R8"?? I am noticing a half circle mark caused by the
>plastic cover rubbing on the body.....Never saw this, or any wear with any
>other R....
>curious to see if anyone else is noticing this.....
>thanks,
>
>chip

I am beginning to notice just the same half circle mark. It is caused by
the fact that the lens is bringing the body in unbalance when you are
wearing a strap. Try the Summicron-R 50mm f/2.0, there will be no
scratching. But do the same with a telelens or even the Elmarit-R 28mm
f/2.8, and you will notice that the plastic of the carrying strap is
scratching the body just above the rubber on the body (only at the "R8"
side).
A pity because sooner or later the black finishing will wear off, and
expose the metal brass under it. I had the same experience in the past with
a black Nikon FA body.

Pascal
Belgium

This message was created and sent on a Macintosh PowerBook