Subject: Re: Contax -> Leica M adapter
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:00:09 -0400

We are speaking of two separate adaptations here.

First, a German firm is selling 8/16 CZ Hologon lenses from the Contax G1/2
which have been specially adapted to the Leica M.  I believe these scale
focus, but, what the hey, who needs a coupled RF at 16mm?

Second, a new-production adapter to fit Contax RF lenses -- the last of
which, incidentally, was produced forty years back -- to Leica RF was
announced in the hot-of-the-presses Viewfinder, the journal of the Leica
Historica Society of America.  A price of $400 was mentioned, but no vendor
or manufacturer was specified.  I have queried the editor for more
information.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!