Subject: Re: Wetzlar/Solms Quality
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 07:44:31 -0600 (MDT)

>      "Most Japanese camera lovers are sad to see the fact that a simple AF
>point-&
> shoot camera totally developed & made in Japan by an unidentified maker is
>now sold under the great name of Leica.  We believe a respectable Leica must
>have German origin

No disrespect intended, but aren't these the same Japanese that regularly
pay $2,000.00 for a pair of old, worn Levis, and upwards of $850.00 for old,
smelly Air Jordan sneakers (see NY Times, Sunday 07/27)? I find it very hard
to consider the collecting habits of the Japanese as any indicator of
quality or value.

,/8^|