Subject: Re: Intermediate Shutter Speeds
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 08:25:18 -0400

At 06:26 AM 02-08-97 -0400, you wrote:
>In einer eMail vom 02.08.1997  10:17:35, schreiben Sie:
>
>>Can any one tell me whether I can place my shutter speed dial at half or
>>1/3 positons between 2 clicked-stopped shutter speeds when I am shooting
>>with the lens wide open for M2, M3, M4, M5 or M6 ?
>>

>You can do it - but it has no effect. The shorter speed is selected.
>-Alf

Not neccessarily true.  This was discussed some months ago here in the LUG.
 My M4-P instruction manual states that intermediate speeds CAN be set,
except betweem (I think) 1/8 and 1/15 seconds.  The M6 manual says no
intermediate speeds, and I asked the list if this was indeed true, or only
stated because of the way the meter is coupled to the shutter selector.
Apparently it is true, intermediate speeds are posible with the M6.

Dan C.