Subject: Re: New R8 - slides
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 Aug 97 14:29:03 EDT

Richard W. Hemingway,

     >>I found that several images I took ( with the R8 ) hand held at 1/15
were<<
                    >>acceptable...this is about the ratio I get with my M6<<

            >>I have been coming to the conclusion that it might be better<<
                                >>to have one fairly complete system<<

I have been following your MSGs with interest; I'm going thru somewhat of a
similar train of thought.The R8's mass & reduced mirror slap (at the lower
shutter speeds),
combined with the matrix metering, have been getting me some available light
winners. In summary, making me pick up the R8 over the M6, more & more!

Boy, I dread the thought of selling off my M6/fast lenses & then getting to a
point whereby I wish I hadn't let them go. My 35 f1.4 ASPH & Noctilux really
pull in the light when I need it!  On the other hand, Richard, like you, I'd
sure like to add a couple more R-lenses ( 19mm & 35mm ) w/o spending more money
:~)!

Tom D.