Subject: Re: The Leica R8 delema / 28mm lens
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 17:00:31 -0700

At 01:31 PM 8/3/97 +0200, you wrote:

>3=B0 A negative point: the focusing ring on my 28mm operates smoothly from
>the minimum distance up to 10m, but from 10m to infinity it becomes quite
>hard. And as you have only to turn a small bit from 10m to infinity, this
>is annoying, because it is difficult to focus precisely.
>
>Pascal

I hate to tell you but it's YOUR particular lens. I've used every R lens
Leica makes (except the 800) and have NEVER experienced such
inconsistancies. One time I had this experience. My son dripped frozen
yougert on my 135mm R lens and made focussing very stiff and actually
completely locked-up the f/stop ring. It obviously went in for a CLA.

There is something wrong with your 28mm R lens. You should have either
never accepted it in the first place or should get it fixed.

Jim