Subject: Leica & Kyocera ...
From: FREEDD1@pfizer.com
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:04:13 -0400

     With all the traffic lately regarding the M6 vs. the G2, I thought I'd
     chime in with a tangentially related question: what kind of
     relationship does Leica currently have with Kyocera? I was told by a
     Leica marketing rep recently that Kyocera is manufacturing Leica's new
     80-200/4 for them. Are they manufacturing other R lenses as well? Is
     there a Minolta-like alliance brewing between Kyocera and Leica?
     Should I keep my fingers crossed for a Contax AX with Leica R mount
     (Leica AX ??)? Be still my heart.

     David Freedman