Subject: Re: FINGER PRINT ON LENS
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET (Danny Gonzalez)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 14:32:32 -0400 (EDT)

> put his little finger on the back element of my 35 Summilux AHSP, when I
>realized >that I tried to remove it with a dry microfiber cloth (according
>to  the Leica
>instructions), the print wasn=B4t cleaned at all, instead, the dirt was all
>over the back lens,

Jorge,

=46irst, clean your microfiber cloth in hot water and a little dish soap Use
a liqiud kitchen soap and only a little. Rinse thoroughly and allow it to
air dry.  Then, Take a Qtip and dip it in isopropyl alcohol. Squeeze the
excess alcohol out of the pure cotton tip of the Qtip with clean fingers.
Clean the back of the lens lightly with said Qtip and also allow to air
dry. Breath on lens back and, lightly, clean lens with microcloth. After a
couple of breaths, any residual residue from the alcohol will come clean.

All will be fine if you rub lightly and make sure to use meticulously clean
cloths and Qtips.

Danny Gonzalez