Subject: Re: M6 sales idea
From: hmphoto <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 16:24:22 -0500

>It begins to look like some folks just don't want to do anything using their
>fingers and brains to take pictures any more.  They want the camera to do all
>their thinking for them and if they want all the BS bells and whistles, hell
>there are any number of "dumbell no thought P&S cameras" on the market! So
>why
>spend the money for a wonderfull camera like an M6, then wish a bunch of
>two bit
>P&S simpleton elements to it!

Well Ted I guess they are looking for a Contax G2 with the Leica name on
the front.

I personally have never understood the need for automatic exposure
settings of any nature and have used them only once or twice just to see
if they really worked.  IMO no auto setting can get the exposure as
accurate as I can.  I know what I want the subject to be and expose for
it.

Now I would like a higher sync speed, that would make my M6 even more
used than it now is, but I really love the way it handels and the fact it
is a fully manual camera.  If you want automation this is not the camera
for you.  There are tons of automatic cameras, but only one M6.

>Hey it's Monday morning, and it's no day to sound like a "Happy Camper"
>who just
>won a pile of money! :)

So how much did you win....enough for a new Leicar? ;)

Harrison McClary
hmphoto@delphi.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto