Subject: M6 sales idea - if I had a wish for free ...
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 18:43:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi list:

Forget all the automatic lens or automatic camera shit. Build the m6 in the
same quality as the m2 and m3 (with those different frames) and pray to God,
that it will rain creativity and brain to the people ...

BTW: The SLRs are to big and to bulky, they should be like a Leica - small,
utmost reliable, silent, and - simply the best. To me the old Nikon FM (1st
version) is the best SLR. No trouble since years and years. Always working,
never unreliable. And: some nice lenses (2/35 and 2/85). If I could have a
wish for free: a FM with a bright Leica-R screen, and Leitz lenses, exept the
Micro Nikkor 3.5 or 2.8/55, and the old 2.5/105 mm (they are absolutely
great).

God, forgive me, but once again:
No automatic shit, and no mass product (it's no doghnut).

Alf
PS: I bought a M6 ESL, payed more than a year for the stuff - and have no
trouble.
I use it, and it's perfect. Hardly seen anything which is manufactured so
nice ... it's simply a dream.