Subject: Re: M6 viewfinder magnification
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 97 22:30:07 -0400

>Does someone make a magnifying attachment for an M6 viewfinder? I'd like to
>have a larger view when using my 90mm lens.

Try an M3 with your 90mm lens. The 90mm frame on the M3 is slightly
bigger than the 50mm frame is in the M6. The rangefinder is also more
accurate, especially for the longer focal lengths. I know that this is a
somewhat sarcastic answer to your question, but it's true. The big
viewfinder is one of the reasons that many people like this camera so
much.

There are external 90mm viewfinders made for screw mount cameras, which
can be used on the M6's hot shoe. You focus in the main viewfinder, then
use the external viewfinder to compose your picture. I don't know if this
would be a bigger image than the M6 viewfinder, however; some of the old
viewfinders show pretty tiny images.

There has never been a 90mm lens with rangefinder "eyes" like those on
the M3 35mm lenses or on the f/2.8 135mm lenses.

- - Paul