Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #582
From: Chris Bitmead <ChrisB@ThePla.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 20:07:48 +1000

>first, clean your microfiber cloth in hot water and a little dish soap
>Use a liqiud kitchen soap and only a little. Rinse thoroughly and
>allow it to air dry.  Then, Take a Qtip and dip it in isopropyl
>alcohol. Squeeze the excess alcohol out of the pure cotton tip of the
>Qtip with clean fingers.  Clean the back of the lens lightly with said
>Qtip and also allow to air dry. Breath on lens back and, lightly,
>clean lens with microcloth. After a couple of breaths, any residual
>residue from the alcohol will come clean.

Personally I don't use alcohol, because I've got no idea what it might
do to the coatings. (Maybe nothing, I'm not an expert.) I use lens
cleaning fluid from the photography store. I don't really know what
that is either but I suspect some sort of soapy water.

There is a highly recommended product I've seen advertised in the UK
magazines. You paint it onto your lens like liquid paper or correction
fluid. When its dried you peel it off dirt and all. Sounds dangerous,
but its highly recommended apparently.

(PS, don't use liquid paper!)