Subject: Re: M6 viewfinder magnification
From: "H. S. Lam" <hslam@chevalier.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 18:41:06 -0700

Stephen wrote:

> Garbutt, Robert wrote:
>
> > How about the 50mm Noct?   Is there a preferred body for this lens?
>
> Yep.  the M3 offers 25% greater focusing accuracy compared to the later
> M4/6 series. Many photogs believe they need this extra focusing accuracy
> with the 50/1 and 75/1.4.
>
> M viewfinder magnifications and Effective RF Base Lengths are discussed
> at my site  http://cameraquest.com/leica.htm
>
> Stephen Gandy
Hi Stephen,
I have visited your site ( a great site which I have book-marked ) on
rangefinder effective base lengths, but I think the M2 has a slightly
higher magnification (may be 0.85X ) than the M6 as its largest frame
accomodates only the 35 mm. lens while the M6 can take the 28 mm. lens.
I have both the M2 & M6 for comparison.

Regards

H.S. Lam