Subject: Fingerprints, etc.
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 07:48:56 -0400

Chris Bitmead wrote:

> There is a highly recommended product I've seen advertised in the UK
> magazines. You paint it onto your lens like liquid paper or correction
> fluid. When its dried you peel it off dirt and all. Sounds dangerous,
> but its highly recommended apparently.

Chris,

There was a thread on this stuff (called Opticlean?) months ago. I
couldn't find it anywhere in the U.S. and believe me, I tried. Very
expensive ($25 for one ounce which would last years) but unavailable.
Very frustrating.

If anyone knows where to get it in the lower 48, please speak up.

Cheers,

David W. Almy
Annapolis, Maryland