Subject: Re: Secret desire
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 08:24:53 -0300

To Jim and all others who long for chimpanzee-photographers:

Your dream has already come true. Back in the 1980s when National
Geographic was working on an article about gorilla research, Coco the
Gorilla, one of the prime test animals, was handed a camera and
proceeded to take pictures of herself in a large mirror. One of the
images ran as the cover of Geographic.

I am not sure why this reminds me of a great recent quote from a
profession in California, but it does:

It goes like this:

For decades we always heard that if you gave a million monkeys
typewriters and let them bang away on the keyboard that they would
ultimately write the complete works of Shakespeare.

The Internet has proved that this is not so.

Fred Ward