Subject: Re: new to the group/ help!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 17:03:32 -0400

At 01:17 PM 05-08-97 -0700, Mark wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I recently joined the group.
>
>I have a problem with my M4-P that just won't go away. I bought this camera
>(used) in about 1984 and was plagued with a shutter light leak for years.

[snip]

My M6 had a light leak from the day that I bought it new.  Unfortunately
for me, the leak happened very intermittently, only when I used fast film
(which was rare), and at first looked a lot like lens flare.  Then I
discovered that the "flare" extended past the normal frame, and at this
point (after the warranty ran out), I took it into Leica (Canada), along
with some sample negatives.  I'm not sure what they did, but they fixed the
problem, and it has never recurred.

Dan C.